GES Director-General joins the Minister for Education for a four-day tour of the Ashanti Region
From Friday 28th April to Monday 1st May 2023, the GES Director-General, Dr Eric Nkansah joined the Hon Minister for Education, Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum and other Heads of Agencies to inspect projects and visit some schools in the Ashanti Region.
On Day 1, the team paid a courtesy call on the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II and congratulated him as he marks 24 years of exceptional leadership as King of the Asante kingdom.
After receiving Otumfour’s blessings, they visited the following schools:
- Asem Boys JHS where they inspected the construction of a STEM Model JHS
- Wesley College of Education, Kumasi
- WESCO Demonstration Practice Basic School
- Osei Kyeretwie Senior High School
- Kumasi Girls Senior High School where they inspected the construction of a Girls’ STEM SHS
- Kumasi High School
As part of the tour, the team visited and paid homage to the Kumawumanhene,
Mamponghene and the chief of Boanim.
On Day 2, the team inspected the progress of construction work at the Juaben STEM Model JHS and visited the following schools:
- Juaben Senior High School
- Effiduase Senior High Commercial School
- T.I Ahmadiyya Girls’ Senior High School, Asokore
- Krobea Asante Technical Vocational Institute
- Tweneboa Kodua Senior High School
- St. Monica’s Senior High School
- Amaniampong Senior High School
- Boanim Senior High Technical School
On Day 3 of the regional tour, the team visited the following schools:
- Obuasi Senior High Technical School
- Christ the King Catholic SHS, Obuasi
- Asare Bediako SHS
- SDA SHS, Bekwai
- Bosomtwe Girls’ STEM High School
- St Michael’s Technical Vocational Institute, Pramso
- Jachie Pramso SHS
On the final day of the regional tour, the team visited Tepa Senior High School and interacted with the students and teachers.
The team’s observations during the tour attests to the exceptional service of our staff. Management applauds all teaching and non-teaching staff for the good work they are doing in these schools.